- What data do we collect?
- Lawful basis for processing your data
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
We collect the following data:
- Personal information (Name, email address, phone number)
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Lawful basis for processing your data
Optimal and its subsidiaries will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Optimal would like to keep in touch with you to let you know about its latest news and provide you with updates on relevant products and services for marketing purposes; to communicate with stakeholders, potential and existing customers and others who expressly choose to submit their personal data through our website. We value your privacy and will only process personal data in these circumstances where your consent is first provided by you. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us via email: [email protected]
- Where it is necessary for the purposes of performing an existing contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. This may include activity for legitimate business purposes and for developing customer relationships, such as:
- Contacting you as a potential or existing customer for the purposes of selling goods or services
- To provide useful, informative and relevant information to you about our services and to grow our business
- To enable us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our communications for the benefit of our customers and stakeholders
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register your interest in our products and services online or place an order
- Voluntarily complete a customer/research survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
- Submit your personal documents
- We may also receive your data indirectly through referrals.
How will we use your data?
We collect your data to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons in particular:
- Internal record keeping
- Improvement of our products and services
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think might be of interest
- Process your order, manage your account
- Confirm job applications.
- Respond to an enquiry you have submitted
- Process an order you have submitted
- Carry out our contractual obligations
- Remind you about licence renewal dates
- Inform you of products or services offered by Optimal
- Notify you of Optimal news
- Send whitepapers or literature
- Seek your feedback on the services we provide
- Process a job or apprenticeship
- Notify you of vacancies / placement opportunities
- Improve your website experience
- Personalise your repeat website visits
- Conduct market research
How do we store your data?
We store your data on two different platforms:
- On-premises server
- Public and private cloud-based storage
We may need to transfer and store information outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by persons operating outside the EEA. Where we send your personal data outside the EEA we will ensure that any organisations we work with have the same commitment to privacy as us. By submitting your details, you agree to this transfer.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will only hold your personal data in a form that permits identification and for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was processed.
Any personal data that is required for purposes of the conclusion and execution of agreements with business customers, suppliers and business partners or for considering bids or tenders will be held during the duration of the contractual relationship and up to 6 years thereafter.
Unless we process and approve a request to delete your data, we will hold your data for 6 years from the point at which we first processed your data for marketing purposes.
Optimal may send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop Optimal from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please send an email to [email protected]
What are your data protection rights?
Optimal would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request for copies of your personal data from Optimal. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Optimal corrects any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Optimal to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: you can request that we delete the information we hold on you by contacting us using the contact details below. The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Optimal restricts the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Optimal, processing your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Optimal transfers the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected]
Call us at: +44 (0) 1224 967337
Or write to us:
15 Carden Place, AB10 1UR
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Analyse website traffic for web page optimisation
- Completing forms automatically
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: [email protected]
Call us: +44 (0) 1224 967337
Or write to us at:
15 Carden Place, AB10 1UR
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Water Lane, Wilmslow
Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113